Your commercial carpet installation is a major investment, both in monetary terms and overall facility image. An efficient carpet maintenance program preserves the facility image and considerably extends the life of your carpet investment. Having in place a carpet cleaning and maintenance program allows you to:

• Reuse the space and materials in a healthy manner.

• Maintain the value of the property and reduce the rate of its depreciation

• Contribute directly to personal security, comfort, productivity and ensure sanitation

• Manage waste and hazards to contribute to the environment

By following these simple carpet cleaning tips you will maximize the life of your carpet, get the best value out of your investment and keep your premises looking fresh and clean.

Tip 1 – Make sure that you get a deep cleaning of the carpet as often as it is needed.  To achieve a clean carpet, you’ll need to have it cleaned by a professional every six months.

Tip 2 – Keep your eye out for spills and take care of them in a quick manner to keep your carpet clean.  Simply using water on a spill will help most of them.  If that doesn’t work, simply expand your search.  You’ll find several professional cleaning companies out offering different alternative to carpet cleaning.

Nowadays, carpet-cleaning products range in use and can be helpful when matching them with the different types of spills. For instance, if you want to go green, you can use a mixture of water and vinegar to help you keep stains out.  By taking immediate action you can prevent spills from becoming stains that leave you with a dirty and messy carpet. At BMI, we use carpet-cleaning products certified by Ecologo. EcoLogo’s products are biodegradable and free of ammonia, butyl ethers, alcohols, phosphates, caustics or acids.

Tip 3 – Always look for carpet cleaning companies whose vacuuming equipment is certified by CRI (The Carpet and Rug Institute). Under the CRI Seal of Approval/Green Label vacuum program, manufacturers must meet higher performance standards and are rewarded with Gold, Silver or Bronze ratings that contribute to earn or expand LEED Ratings.  High quality vacuums are the best choice, as they get up the most debris. For a vacuum cleaner to qualify for this designation it must be CRI approved and operate below 70dB. Always look for the “Meets LEED Compliant” Seal.

Tip 4 – The proper use of entrance will greatly help to clean off people’s shoes and keep most of the tracked soils off the surface of the carpet.  We recommend using entrance mats outside of the building doors and make sure that anyone who enters the facility uses the mats to help get debris and dirt off of their shoes before they enter.

Around 80% of the soils that enter a building are dry.  The remaining 20% are greases, oils, and starches.  The dry soil types are easily removed by vacuuming.  As long as they are removed on a daily basis, it will help to minimize the damage to the carpet.

Maintaining and keeping a clean carpet is more than just healthy, as it can also help to prolong the life of the carpet.  If you have just laid the carpet, you are already aware of the expenses involved with doing so.

Even if you haven’t had this done, you probably know the benefits of keeping a clean carpet.  As stated before, a clean carpet will add value to the property if it is maintained well.  It will help to keep the facility free from odors, and increase productivity as you can offer a comfortable working area for your employees.

BMI provides you with a range of carpet cleaning services as well as upholstery cleaning, sanitizing, area rug cleaning, fabric protection treatments, deodorizing, tough stain removal, anti-allergen treatment and much more.

BMI also offers green carpet cleaning, the company firmly believes that choosing the right carpet and upholstery cleaning service provider is crucial to your expected results and overall satisfaction! Several people are making the decision to switch to environmentally friendly service providers like us because of our efforts to use carpet-cleaning agents with the safest, and most effective biodegradable formulas.

BMI’s is dedicated and passionate about helping the environment.  Contact us today to schedule an assessment so we can help you determine which of our outsourcing solutions will serve your business the most.

Post by Diana Esparza

Interested in learning about Green Cleaning! – Download the 2013 Green Cleaning Facts and Trends Infographic